Sunday 24 June 2018

I love it when a van comes together!

What it cost and test camping!!!
So I've almost finished the van. It needs some more sockets and a few little edits inside. I've worked so hard and I have done no textile design, I should be very proud of it but it's still going to be a lot more rough to live in than a swanky big proper camper - some fan of my blog should buy me one!

What did it cost?
The van was £2,500, I got it down from £3,000. It came lined with wood and with an extra battery (for running devices and not running the van battery flat) also the man who sold it gave me two free seats with seatbelts but not bolted in.

Some costs not related to turning it into a camper were £90 to fix the window that smashed itself while I was driving! Yikes!
And £50 for a new battery because that is a good idea on older vehicles.

What the conversation cost, seats bolting in, glue, hooks, screws, wood, varnish, curtains, curtain rails, storage pockets, storage nets and fairy lights..was about £400.

We used a lot of reclaimed wood from old beds, shelves and even decking.

We slept a few nights in it then I took a few things apart and changed them. We still need more 12v sockets but it's looking good. Now we embark on a strange nomad life around Sussex sleeping different places until September when the plan is to get the ferry to Spain and Portugal.

I'm not fully sure how this life will work, cooking and getting water, also Tim is going lots of face to face tutoring so we are stuck to East Grinstead and close by, but we want to be here with family at the moment.

Sorry, I don't think I've made this post very funny but here are some pictures of lovely places we have camper recently. XX













No comments:

Post a Comment

My posts are all to amuse and are fiction, sometimes inspired by my life.

 My posts are all to amuse and are fiction, sometimes inspired by my life. I often exaggerate to make things fun. All my advice is just my o...