Saturday 22 July 2017

Europe in a motorhome. "You better drive it or you're in big trouble."

So we bought a motorhome to tour Europe for a year or so.

"You better drive it or you're in big trouble!" So says my daughter. She's loyal, clever, creative, kind and loving but I'd sooner be in the bad books of a mountain lion! I'd better drive it! It's 6 meters long (plus bike rack) and over two meters wide, no problem really, it's reversing I'm scared of!

I've been cleaning till my legs are jelly, and doing small jobs I can do myself like new floor in the kitchen and fixing broken locks, hinges, cupboards, etc. I have actually had dreams that I'm fixing the camper, twice!

This week we had a storm in the night, it woke both my kids and dumped water on South East England, I was busy with my kids in the night but I woke at six with one thought "Is the van dry?" I went racing out to the street in my night dress to feel the carpets next to doors and windows etc. Few! Big plus, it's dry and does not leak. I got back to the house to find a text from my mum 6:10 in the morning: "Is the van dry?"

Later that day I got in my car and found is soaking!! What??! Oh! The kids left two windows open.

I'm setting brutal quotas about stuff, 10 books each and 10 for Tim's tutoring business is already 50 books! Brutal quotas. Suddenly I realise I have to get rid of more or less everything! But at 40 I now own my own "home" outright with no payments to go, plus my "car" outright!

If anyone wants any stuff, just come get it!

Lists, lists of repairs, lists of kit to take, lists of days left to get it done, lists of house cleaning and change of address jobs...

But I'm also high! I wake in the morning and look at the huge map of Europe on my wall and think, "Yes!" I have energy to work from six in the morning to eight at night, it's a big world and I'm so brave I'm going to explore this tiny corner of it called Europe!








No comments:

Post a Comment

My posts are all to amuse and are fiction, sometimes inspired by my life.

 My posts are all to amuse and are fiction, sometimes inspired by my life. I often exaggerate to make things fun. All my advice is just my o...