Sunday 12 November 2017

Europe by campervan - what now???

Europe in a campervan.

So what happened and what will we do now?

Well the Campervan was worth about £4,000 and expected to make it around the France, Spain and Portugal. The transmission now needs replacing and a piston is not working properly. The bill just for the transmission is €4,000 so it's not worth fixing. The piston not working could also mean a new engine!

Thank goodness the breakdown cover will pay to ship it home. The broken camper is currently stored in Pissy poo-vile, in France, I didn't make that address up!! So I let my kids watch so much screen time while I got that van ready that my son started calling me "Mummy Pig" from Peppa Pig and now it's bust!

Its going to my mum's street and we will have to ask her to take out our gear then we can sell it "spares or repairs", someone fixing an old Chevy can use it, good buy Sparkle.

What will we do? The short answer is live in Spain! My friend has given us her flat while she is away. There is something we are doing to help her - it's a great two-way arrangement, but as she didn't mention it on facebook, nor will I. Suffice to say we are not living on charity.

We have agreed to be here until June. We will see Spanish summer too.

We need to save, keep paying debt, homeschool and MAKE A NEW PLAN!!! I have not given up on touring this peninsula seeing everything.

Living here will also present problems we have not had to deal with before. Firstly we all need to learn some Spanish, but what will we do when someone is sick, buying unusual things...

If my friends are interested I could still blog about the challenges and joys of learning to live in Spain?

Secondly once my poor husband gets a minute (he has somehow managed to keep tutoring on Skype throughout this crazy time) we will make a new plan.

I am open to ideas and input from my friends, as long as they don't involve towing a caravan! What a terrifying idea! We don't want to pay for hotels, or even camp sites every night, so some sort of van that can use the Airs  makes the trip less so so so much cheaper. What could I get? What would we need to save? Who could source a good one that might not break!??

We are all enjoying our time here. We are happy.


Thank you again to all my friends for the floods of love, help and support. ️Xxxxxxxxxxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My posts are all to amuse and are fiction, sometimes inspired by my life.

 My posts are all to amuse and are fiction, sometimes inspired by my life. I often exaggerate to make things fun. All my advice is just my o...